Ideal for those cold days! Sew an unusual mat for your hot pot of tea.
How it works:
- Position a square of fabric in the middle of a Quickscreen square. Lay the 1st strip of fabric onto the square with the right sides facing and fasten with pins (across the top and bottom of the strip of fabric).
- Turn the work around and sew along the printed line; the length of the seam corresponds to the length of the square.
- Turn the work around again, fold down the strip of fabric and cut off along the square.
- Put the 2nd strip of fabric onto the next side of the square (clockwise) with the right sides facing and fasten it with pins again (across the top and bottom of the strip of fabric). Repeat steps 2-4 until you have the square you want.
- Lay two large squares with the right sides facing and sew together with a 1-cm seam allowance.
Further creations by Vilene
Now sew cushions with square patterns easily and exactly with Quilter's Grid.